[SEL] IHC Titan questions

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Sun Jan 13 16:45:07 PST 2008

I picked up the 8HP Titan yesterday, forgot the camera. The serial # is in the 890's, any idea of the date of mfg? This engine is throttle governed, is that the difference between it and a Famous? There was a bracket on the ignitor, it's broken off. I guess it had a mag, what would it have come with and were they available with battery ignition? It looks like it was a kero engine from the mixer design, but there are parts missing, throttle levers and links among them. Tommy Turner said the fuel pump was common to other IHC engines, what should I be looking for? These are pictures from my fisrt trip, I'll bring the camera and post some more.
J.B. Castagnos
Belle Rose, LA

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/jbcast/MVC-020S.jpg
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/jbcast/MVC-019S.jpg