[SEL] OT, completely: Hydrogen as a fuel personal autos

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Sun Jan 13 09:35:43 PST 2008

I'm posting this off-topic item, here, only for the benefit of people who
might have an interest in the topic.  If you don't enjoy reading long
articles, please feel welcome to use your Delete key right now.

I wrote an essay that has been languishing for a number of months in want of
an audience; then, an e-conversation made me realize the road to readership
had been staring me right in the face, all along.

So, I took the easy way out, took my essay about hydrogen, added some
slap-dash formatting changes, saved it as an HTML document and threw it up
on our Web site.

http://users.moscow.com/oiseming/lc_ant_p/Menu.htm

If just one person learns just one new thing about the topic, the effort
will be worthwhile.  If you have any suggestions or comments one way or
another, please let me know.

I then posted links on some bulletin boards and I thought you would enjoy
reading the subsequent comments.  As usual, people responded with arguments
of all persuasions.  If you'd like to dig deeper into the topic, here are
the links to the BBs:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=27028

http://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/viewtopic.php?t=78104

Someone else started the discussion at the following URL and I chimed in
several posts later; "Bentwrench's posts are especially noteworthy.  They
are from a perspective as viewed by an engineer:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148982

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Orrin