[SEL] Spam> Another Hunk of Iron

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sat Jan 12 18:08:04 PST 2008

Dave,
    The blower looks a lot like a forge blower and may be the same as
one.  The casting its mounted on is specifically for the engine trucks
though.  Air goes up through the ductwork and circulates around the
bottom of the tank.  There is a center hole in tank, about 6 inches in
diameter, that the air flows up though.  There is some fins on it that
causes the air to have to circulate around the top of the tank.  I
assume this it done to try to maximize the air flow and cooling effect.
It then vents out through the top of the tank where it has probably 100
holes, about 1/8 to 3/16 diameter.  Its quite a set up.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY