[SEL] O.T. Attn. Peter Forbes

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Fri Jan 11 11:48:51 PST 2008

Hi Peter,
         I saw your post about the NEC Floppy drive and looked through all
my manuals and literature but had nothing left on the NEC.

         Do you collect this kind of stuff?  I have a "Brand New" "never
been used" Roctec external 5 1/4 floppy drive in it's original packing if
you are interested. You can have it for the cost of postage if you can use
it.  It is packed in a polystyrene moulded shell and this is in turn packed
into a cardboard "sleeve" - the final size (of the box) is 365mm x 305mm x
125mm which is quite big so postage could be a few bucks.

         Basically this is a Mitsumi Floppy Drive (1.2 Mb) built into an
external case with all the necessary connectors, cables and instruction
leaflet. It has never been used and I only opened it a few hours ago to
determine the make of the actual drive (Mitsumi).

         It is about 14 years old and I've been holding on to it in case I
wanted anything off my old "stiffies" but I've never used it and feel that
if I've not wanted to get anything off an old stiffy backup in that time
then I'm probably never going to!

         If you need pics then I can take some.

         Note to list members: I've offered this to Peter Forbes first but
if he does not need it then the offer is open to all members.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm

--