[SEL] A Sad, Sad Day - another engineman gone!

brent brent.tamatea at clear.net.nz
Thu Jan 10 15:00:03 PST 2008

That was thoughtful thing to do. brent

----- Original Message -----
From: "Listerdiesel" <listerdiesel at gmail.com>
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 6:46 AM
Subject: Re: [SEL] A Sad, Sad Day - another engineman gone!

> On 10/01/2008, Steve Royster <steve_royster at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Paul, I'm sorry to hear about Bill, but it brings to mind a little
story that says a lot about the man. Remember several years ago when you
unloaded that old T model on my little brother?   Well somehow I guess Bill
found out that Mike couldn't read or write and knew that we would be
traveling through lots of confusing intersections in Memphis on the way to
your house. Bill got in his car and drove through them all with his camera
and took pictures of all the intersections and e-mailed them to Mike. That
way when we got to a a confusing place I could just hold up the picture and
say to Mike "Turn the truck when it looks like this"!  And you know Mike
made it all the way thanks to Bill. The only problem we had was that
incident in the Memphis motel where Mike saw Elvis!   This is really a true
story !      Steve Royster>