[SEL] A Sad, Sad Day - another engineman gone!

Paul Maples paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 9 10:35:33 PST 2008

Folks it is with a heavy heart that I have to tell you that my best friend, and a friend to many of you, Bill Miller passed away this morning after a courageous battle with cancer. Bill lived in Memphis, Tenn. and he and I got to make a lot of memories together on engine trips. It seems the Lord wanted him more than we did and He called him home.

I already miss him so much that I can hardly bare it, he was my only close engine friend and I have been to his home many times and he came to mine, it seemed like life was worth living when I was around Bill. He had so many projects lined up to do that he would have to live three lifetimes to do them all but he never stopped, he was such an inspiration to me.

It is times like this when it makes me really question what it is I want out of life, what is really important and what is not, and I know this; that family and friends is what life is all about and Bill was my closest friend.

Please pray for Bill's family as they endure the loss of this Husband, Daddy, Grandfather, Brother, and friend to all.

Paul