[SEL] babbitt grades

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 05:45:00 PST 2008

Very funny, Dr. John.
You don't have any wheel weights on your wheels.
I melted them down yesterday.
Them and 45 other pounds of wheel weights.
Actually I got to tire stores to get them.
Some places will give me a box of W.Ws. and other places charge for them.
The last bucket I bought is setting out there waiting.  Twenty bucks for what feels like over 100 pounds.  It is a heaped 5 gallon bucket.
Yesterday I finished off the last one.
Then I came in the house and washed my hands with the last bar of your soap. 8>))

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan

John Culp <johnculp at btes.tv> wrote: I don't blame you, Peter. I'd try to use the best stuff for the job,
too, but any kind of babbitt would surely work fine given the
circumstances.

Personally, I'd put the old stuff in my bullet casting pot.

Y'all watch your wheelweights if you park close to me. ;-)

John

On Jan 9, 2008, at 3:43 AM, Peter Lowe wrote:

> I could probably use straight lead, because the amount of use this
> engine
> will get would not make the slightest difference, but I will not.

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA