[SEL] OT .....now CDMA and the ''Three Amigos''

brent brent.tamatea at clear.net.nz
Fri Jan 4 23:03:45 PST 2008

Peter my uncle used to run the solar power plant in white cliffs in the
australian outback it was a very successful scheme it powered up the local
town and surplus was sold back  to the grid cant understand why they are not
using more solar power plants its renewable and less costly to recover than
gas ideal in hot dry areas.
He used to live underground to get out of the hot temperatures if he needed
more room he would dig out another bedroom had quite a cool home.I heard of
one chap in britain fired up a stationary engine a diesel fueled one and
runs a generator to power up his own electricty he also is running the old
lister on biodiesel old cooking fat which doesnt cost him anything.Might be
a good idea to have a back up plan regarding water and electricty or energy
these are all going to become scarcities in the future we are seeing the
same here even in a temperate climate in a farming district as farm
operations get bigger and more intensive.Has  more to do with demand the
question would be who is using the large portions of power and my guess is
that its large scale industrial that are sucking the bulk of the electricty
to the detriment of the general public would be worth asking that question
to the local mps just to get a response on that one brent nz