[SEL] OT .....now CDMA and the ''Three Amigos''

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Fri Jan 4 20:15:18 PST 2008

Paul ,do you think it will happen ,both my wife and I have next G or
whatever they call the bloody things ,they are useless out of major areas.
The CDMA is in the drawer ,out of contract
The CDMA was fine .If CDMA is switched off then the outcry from the rural
areas will be deafening.I hear of so many stories about some one on the
tractor trying to ring the homestead and cant connect and vice versa.
I don't want to start but i am really pissed off at what's happening in this
country.An example .....the other day in Perth ,heat wave conditions ,bloody
bush fires all over the place and a shutdown at one of the off shore gas
platforms .Woodside reduce the gas flow down the pipeline so  the Energy
Supplier asks people to turn off their a/c .other wise there will be power
outages.Next we hear a bloody government minister [Minister for energy,
state government] rings the overseas owner of a big fertiliser plant on the
Burrup Peninsular [ NW Australia] to ask him if we can have some of our gas
back for the local power stations[ all gas fired] otherwise there will be
shutdowns!Meanwhile we are exporting the bloody stuff to the Chinese.

As you would well know Paul heat waves are rare in Albany.
Peter Ogborne
Little Grove ,Albany
West Australia
''Heart of the Rainbow Coast ''