[SEL] OT ....DVD

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Fri Jan 4 13:28:16 PST 2008

Thanks Bob. Good to know that there is the beginnings of some sense
here!! I'll probably stick with my SD players until the prices on the HD
players are a little more realistic.

Out of the Aussies on this list - who knows that Analog TV is being
progressively turned off from the end of 2008 and finishing in 2011? You
don't need to shell out for a new TV - just get yourself a digital set
top box. These range from $30 to as much as you care to pay. If you want
to look at the new HD channels then you will either need a box that can
down convert from HD to SD or you need a new TV. The HD channels mostly
run the same programs but not always.

Just another quickie... unrelated to TV - who knows that CDMA telephones
are being turned off at the end of this month in this country?

Regards
Paul