[SEL] OT ....DVD

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 12:32:49 PST 2008

On 02/01/2008, peter ogborne <jopeter at omninet.net.au> wrote:
> I know , I have asked this question before but it is confusing with the
> answers that I have received from other quarters

On a PC, Windows Media Player should display a DVD created on another
PC, but a DVD disc created for TV is another animal altogether.

Most DVD players that we have bought in the USA over the past few
years have had NTSC and PAL selections on the remote control, we have
three here in the UK that we can play both types on if we want.

As far as Region Stamping goes, look for a DVD Hack in Google to
convert the DVD player to "Region 0" or "Region Free". We brought one
back last trip for the grandchildren, it has a universal input
(110-240V) and has all the options, plus it has been "converted" to
Region 0 (Zero)

Tim has a UK TV at home in Phoenix so we always double-check these
things before buying...

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes