[SEL] Sticking lead to cast iron

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Feb 28 11:17:43 PST 2008

At 07:00 PM 28/02/2008, you wrote:
>From: "Richard Strobel" <Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com>
>Subject: Re: [SEL] Sticking lead to cast iron
>
>Ok great Peter.  I think we've seen both hydrochloric and suphuric acid used
>here.  I would imagine the intent is to clean and leave a nice etched
>surface.  Now I need to find the Copper Sulfate.

Hi All,
         Copper Sulfate - Copper Sulphate - different spelling - are they
the same thing  (and it's just the Yanks who cant spell (just a joke) ?

         As a kid my Dad used Copper Sulphate in animal dips I think. It
was also called "Bluestone" and came in bags - it was chips or crystals of
a semi transparent bright blue colour. Are we talking about the same thing?

         Again, as a kid there were rumours (or Old Wives Tales) that the
army (and  boys boarding schools) added it to the mens/boys coffee as it
was reputed to control those "urges" that us men are prone to. It was
reputed to cause "Coopers Droop". I have no idea if there was any truth in
this or not!

         I see this as rapidly developing into another "off topic"
discussion :-) - apologies.

         <Very big smile>

Daleside Home for Wayward Girls and Wanton Women,
If you're "a wantin" we're "a givin"
Chief Interviewer - Jerry Evans