[SEL] Sticking lead to cast iron

brent brent.tamatea at clear.net.nz
Wed Feb 27 03:13:26 PST 2008

I found the reference i was looking for  in an old book i have it was
written when steam was the main form of transport it says to copper the
surface of iron, steel or iron wire have the article perfectly clean then
wash with the following solution and it at once  presents a coppered surface
rain water 3lbs  sulphate of copper 1lb  or simplified a 3:1 mix of water to
copper sulphate once the suraface is coppered it should give the solder  and
copper something to stick to brentnz