[SEL] USS Arkansas Feb.26 , 1945

Chuck Balyeat kerogas at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 26 07:15:13 PST 2008

0225-Jap planes are on their way in-flew by us at 8,000 yds.-we held fire
0600-GQ
0900-We are just keeping at watch on the island.
1200-You can see the "See-Bees" working on the #1 airfield.
1400-Jap planes are back.
1500-Our fighters reports 7 Japs out of 7- our lose 0
1900-The Tokyo Express is out again. They are catching it from our fighters.
Note-The Japs are using suicide planes on our ships.They crash head on to
any ship they can hit.As yet we are lucky as hell-Why we stay here is now
beyond me.Today our Marines are on #2 airfield.Our planes really worked over
the island.We did not shoot today.