[SEL] 22/24 H.P. Fielding & Platt Update/barefoot

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sun Feb 24 09:54:27 PST 2008

At 07:00 PM 24/02/2008, you wrote:
>Message: 11
>Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 20:45:17 -0700
>From: "Dave Otto" <ddotto at cableone.net>
>Hi Jerry
>Thanks for posting this: the video is great! I can't imagine working in the
>shop with no shoes (must me a SA thing). I do a lot of machine work so my
>shop floor is usually covered with little sharp curly things.
>We are still getting snow here in Idaho; it won't be to long now and the
>weather will start getting nice.
>Best Regards, Dave
>Dave Otto
>Boise, Idaho

Hi Dave,
I already replied to this on the Oldengine list but for those who do not
belong to it, heres the same reply:
                 Neville loves to go barefoot but don't worry about "little
sharp curly things" on the floor. Thats his showroom/museum - not workshop
- the floor is so spotless  you could eat off it :-) (that's NOT another
South African thing !! :-)

         I must add that his workshop is almost as clean but you are likely
to find the odd curly thing on the floor there but only for a few minutes
after he's used the lathe or drill press - thereafter it is swept up.

P.S. Chuck, we were not ALL barefoot, just Neville but I must admit that I
also usually go barefoot in my shop and office in summer - it's just so
comfortable  (and no smelly socks) :-)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm