[SEL] OT : Unknown Chain Drive Car circa 1916

P. Johns enginepaul at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 08:43:37 PST 2008

Don't overlook the possibility that the car is a one of a kind or very
limited production. My friend's grandfather made the Pioneer, the first
production car made West of the Mississippi. A stove man made the body, he
made all the rest. That was, apparently, not all that rare as I once saw a
very old book - that I'm sorry I didn't buy  - that had instructions for
making automobiles, engines and all.

So you may have a speedster version of a production car, a conglomeration
similar to a hot rod, or a one of a kind.

In any event, that is a good looking car.

Paul In SanFran