[SEL] Witte Diesel 12 H.P. -Thank you

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sun Feb 10 12:26:24 PST 2008

At 11:49 PM 07/02/2008, you wrote:
>On 07/02/2008, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll check through the CAV app's books tonight and see if that one
> > comes up anywhere.
> >

>BDN 4S-2 Is a good start, that's used on a Blackstone JP, JPH, NP,
>NPH, Tangye VCR,
>
>BDN 4S-1 Is a Perkins P6TA, Coventry Victor AD1 and AD2, WD1 and WD2,
>Russell Newbery engines, Standard Vanguard diesel (Also the Fergie
>tractor diesel)
>
>BDN 4S-6299 is used in an IHC BD144 37hp diesel
>
>BDN 4S-6157 is used on a Perkins 4-99
>
>BDN 4S-3 is a British (B)  Pintle Type (DN) 4 degree spray angle S is
>the nozzle size code, the last digit gives the engine maker's code.
>
>A good start would be to chose a nozle from another engine that has a
>similar output from one cylinder, that would match the fuelling up.
>I'd suggest the BDN 4S-2 would be the nearest.
>
>The old nozzle can be cleaned and the nozzle seat and needle reground,
>you just have to find someone with the right equipment to do it and
>test it afterwards!
>
>Peter
>--
>Peter A Forbes
>Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com

Hi Guys,
         Thanks for all the help with the diesel injector.
         Peter (Forbes) for the above info - it really helped a lot and I
know quite a bit more about diesel now than I did last week - Last week I
knew nothing :-)

         Joe Kelley - thanks for calling AMBAC for me. AMBAC gave Joe a new
part number which had superceded the old one. The new part numbers will be
a great help.
         The part numbers Joe managed to get were:
         Delphi (formerly Lucas-CAV) part number for the ADN 4S 2 is 5642010
         The Bosch part number is 0434200002.

         I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to source the nozzle
locally now with this information.

         Once again, I'm amazed at the knowledge base on these lists and
the great guys who are prepared to share. Pre Internet it would have taken
months (or many expensive overseas telephone calls) to get the information
that you guys provided within 24 hours.

         Long Live the SEL and Oldengine Lists !

         Thanks again and also to others who responded.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm