[SEL] Unfinished projects -- Henry Disston Two Man Chainsaw

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 08:21:29 PST 2008

Thanks for the link, John.
Wrong model though,,, Kinda,,,,
My chain saw is a KB7AY  11HP.
The other power head that was given to me is the same model.
I do see the painted up KB7AY shown on that page is just like mine right down to the missing cover.   ?????
A flat cover will not clear the bolt through the pulley that the chain goes around.

However the diagram showing a "KB7AY" has a completely different helper end.  That one would have an oil pump on the engine for bar oil.

Yes, My helper end does look more like the one used on the KB6AY.

I have been thinking about building a go-cart for my extra engine.
An 11HP, 2 cycle engine revving to 4000 RPM should be a fun engine on a go-cart. 8>))
I guess it was a combination of the built in clutch and the cool sound that gave me the go-cart idea.
Next time I have one of them running I will measure the idle RPM.

I STILL would love to know who I bought this saw from.
I am thinking it came from either Wisconsin or Iowa.
!!!!!!!!!!!
I just called David Salyer.
He is the man I brought with me that was such great help at Lincoln Tucker's Show & Tell Corn Shelling Display.

Seeing Luke's 2003  Buckley pictures showing my saw  I figured I MUST have picked this saw up on May 2, 2003 at the show & tell.
Lucky me,,,,  David remembers me getting it then.  David grew up holding the helper end of a saw just like it.
All I can remember picking up down there is a Foley Saw Filer that Dave Rotigel picked up for me in PA.

Anyway,,,,, Since I got it down there I now am sure it was Nels Jonsered (SP) That picked it up and brought it to me. It seems like Nels also had a man with him when he grabbed it.

Does anyone have contact info for Nels?  GOP4ever@???????

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan

John Hall <jthall at worldnet.att.net> wrote: Try this site: www.acresinternet.com

Look up Disston saws and click on model KB6AY--I believe this is similar to what you have--the name plate should be on top of the engine on your saw.
There are a couple pictures of the saw so you might be able to get an idea of how the door was made. If you look carefully you can see the sliding bolt type latch that kept it closed.

>From your photo I see you figured out the magneto must have been the first piece they bolted on at the factory!

John Hall