[SEL] Register Opinion

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 01:51:08 PST 2008

On 04/02/2008, Michael Young <michael.y at ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> Patrick, for those of us that own an Austral and the rest that wish they
> did, it looks like you are doing a great job. I have a copy of the last
> print out from Peter Wilcock and look forward to seeing where you are going
> with it now.  As long as peoples privacy wishes are maintained the more in
> the pubic domain the better.  It was a shame to see what happened to the
> Hornsby register a few years back when it was taken off the Steam Engine of
> Australia website - due to the wishes of the new custodian of that info not
> Paul's.  Fortunately I snuck a copy (for personal research purposes
> naturally) from the Google cache just after it was taken off - phew?
>
> Michael Young

The Hornsby register information is not something that I knew about,
but most engine information can be obtained from Ray Hooley, who holds
the works records for Ruston & Hornsby, I assume that he has the
Richard Hornsby stuff as well.

Ray is getting on in years now, he must be in his 70's, but he still
keeps up a good service for engine owners. After all the hassles of
the house move last year, he is taking a well-earned break.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com