[SEL] Need pick-up/transportation from Apple Valley, CA.

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Sun Feb 3 07:54:31 PST 2008

Group:

If we can figure out how to pick-up and transport it from Apple Valley, California (East of L.A.) to Port St. Joe, Florida (in the Florida Panhandle), Frank will purchase a Guiberson 9-cylinder radial Diesel engine for me to restore.  This engine is on a stand so it only needs to be boomed down and covered for the trip.

If someone's on their way East from the Left Coast with a truck, they could make some change doing the move for us.

Alternatively (and not the best idea because of possible damage), if someone can pick the engine up and get it to a trucking company to be hauled here, that would work, too.  I think a hydraulic lift gate truck would be necessary because I have no way to unload it.

It's almost a straight shot.  Get on I-10 and go East to the U.S. 231 exit in Florida then go South to Panama City and then East on U.S. 98 to Port St. Joe.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Take care - Elden