[SEL] Register Opinion

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Feb 2 04:14:55 PST 2008

Hopefully I have found a middle ground on what to publish to the internet.
Owners being tracked down and harassed is one major concern and I will not
provide owners details without their express permission.
Another problem is the massive amount of information and the confusing
nature of some of it. Many of the early records of R-T do not refer to the
engine numbers but the owners name or just the locality. Hence to work out
which engine is which you have to chase around the records a lot to verify
identities. Not really helpful on the website.
Another problem is if the information is too readily available, why would an
Austral owner bother to contact me? The help that I can give by giving more
details on an engine is reciprocated by the Austral owner giving me what
details they have of their engine. This all sounds very boring but every
little detail helps expand the knowledge of the engines.
If I published all the stuff I have on the web how long before it appears on
eBay or on someone else's site with their name attached to my work?
I hope to make a comprehensive printout of what I have (similar to the
previous print runs of the register) in the next 12 months or so.
For now I have placed a version of the register on my site at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/austreg/australreg0208.html
Let me know what you all think.
Patrick

Patrick M Livingstone