[SEL] Register Opinion

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 00:30:16 PST 2008

On 02/02/2008, David Rotigel <rotigel at alltel.net> wrote:
> >  The question is how
> > much should I put on the website?
> > I am thinking of just the engine numbers, hp, style & year.
> > Patrick
>
> Why not all of it? Why would you want to keep it from the engine
> community?
>         Dave

Possibly to prevent abuse of the information. There have been cases in
the UK where people have had 'callers' round their houses after
information like this was published back in the early days of the
preservation movement.

It's always a difficult call on exactly what should go into the Public
Domain, but I think Patrick has it about right.

Not everyone is a gun-toting owner! :-))

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com