[SEL] New Year / Calendar

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Wed Dec 31 16:16:10 PST 2008

Hi All,
         It's 2:00 am 1st January 2009 here.
         Just spent the last 2 hours running the "Vincent" (only about 15
minutes) and then decided that we preferred the water cooled stuff.
         We ran my Ruston & Hornsby PT (what an amazingly well behaved
engine) for the full 2 hours - he just did not want to die. I also ran my
first restoration - the Wolseley WD9 - and my daughter Jacqui ran her
Wolseley WD8. They all started on the first "swing" (all have crank
handles) and helped us celebrate the new year. I took video's and still
pics but am too tired  (or too many brandy & cokes) right now to upload
them so will do so later. We decided against a Maytag - only because the
above mentioned engines took all the available space (it's raining like
hell here) in the workshop door opening! (Dave, Arnie - comments?)

         Guys, thank you to all who responded to my appeal for pics for the
calendar - I got some really nice photos but please feel free to send more
- it's never too late. I'll work on them tomorrow (actually later today -
when I've had my "beauty sleep" and the hangover has subsided :-).

         HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>