[SEL] Old Time Power & Equipment Video

FRM8198 at aol.com FRM8198 at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 17:45:29 PST 2008

Hi List,
Recently, I found a video of "The Delaware Valley Old Time Power  & Equipment
Annual Show at Washington Crossing Park Titusville, N. J. -  September 17, 18
1988".  In viewing this 20 year old video, I  found it amusing that people
displaying engines, tractors, and  equipment  did not seem to have barriers.
Viewers were able to look and view some  of these items close up.
I really liked the little tractor pull.  The sled was loaded  by people
jumping on the sled as it was being pulled at preset locations.   A very simple
method but, effective!
Another item that was interesting was seeing the operation of  shingle saw
machine.  Now, I understand how shingles are made from a hunk  of wood such as
cedar.  Seeing the gentleman handling the operation sent  chills up my back.
One false move could cause some serious body  damage.
The apple peeling machine was also intriguing.  Each apple had  to manually
placed on the holder and then the machine would peel and core it
automatically.
It was great to view this old video to see how show  were conducted in the
past.

Francis  Maciel
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.