[SEL] Fw: Very interesting Ebay Auction

R & M Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Mon Dec 22 03:33:49 PST 2008

Just doing as asked.
Reg & Marg Ingold.
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
randmingold at hotkey.net.au
http://www.oldengine.org/members/randmingold

----- Original Message -----
From: david
To: R & M Ingold
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 7:26 PM
Subject: Very interesting Ebay Auction

Dear Reg and Marg. Sorry to bother you again. As I have been removed from the Old Engine Org list by mistake, trying to change my Email address, I have no other way to alert members of anything interesting. You may like to pass this on. There is a model engine for auction with the following text:

Up for auction is one of my hit & miss engines. It runs great & has good compression. It's cast in iron with steel & brass-bronze parts. The flywheel is about 6" diameter & it has a 7/8" bore. It stands 15" tall on a custom box that holds the engine coil.

This engine is unique from others in that it runs on an unusual engine cycle from the 1870`s. Called the "Loyal" cycle it differs from conventional 4-stroke engines in that it achieves intake, compression, expansion & exhaust in just one revolution. It's also somewhat of an Atkinson cycle engine in that its expansion stroke is longer than the intake. The engine runs off a "surface" carburetor that pulls air bubbles thru the gasoline in the tank & runs off the vapor fumes. I run the engine on regular gasoline but Coleman fuel should work fine. Something else neat about the engine is it can run either direction & as a hit & miss or a throttler engine just by locking/unlocking a screw on the governor. (See video below)

I haven't yet figured out how this engine works. There are several videos of his engines which are quite amazing. Multi cylinder radials...a V12 and all sorts of things. There are several short video clips of his models working.

I'm sure some members will be mesmerised by these screaming models..all made by a bloke in Germany.

You can find it on Ebay 320326127535

ps; If anyone can find a way of reinstating me to the list...has to be worth a bottle of good Scotch!

Have a beaut Christmas

David and Leonie Bird
Limbri NSW 2352
Australia