[SEL] Trailer Deck Engine Blocking

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 12:34:28 PST 2008

On 21/12/2008, Tim Christoff <tchristoff at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Why 1" ply Peter?  Is that a common floor thickness there?
>
> Tim Christoff
> Basehor Kansas

Probably not, 3/4" or 18mm is more common, but these sheets were much
cheaper than I could usually buy them. We paid £15 per 8; X 4' sheet,
and we collected. Regular retail woodyards sell 3/4" for £45.00 plus
tax per sheet, and 1" is £60+ per sheet plus tax, so you see why we
used the 1" :-))

They were also very good quality, not shuttering ply which is pretty
rough at the best of times, these were very nice faced ply with no
defects at all.

Lugging them through the house and up the stairs was NO fun at all!
We had to take the front door and the kitchen door off, so the sheets
would turn the corner, and once the upstairs is finished, we won't
have the room to turn the sheets on the stairs that we do now.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com