[SEL] What kind of truck? Gas or Diesel

Alan rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 20:15:09 PST 2008

Not if you make your own fuel.
Alan in Michigan

--- On Sat, 12/20/08, jbcast at charter.net <jbcast at charter.net> wrote:

From: jbcast at charter.net <jbcast at charter.net>
Subject: Re: [SEL] What kind of truck? Gas or Diesel
To: "The SEL email discussion list" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Cc: "Judge Tommy Turner" <Lcjudge at scrtc.com>
Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 9:23 PM

Diesels give better mileage, but the fuel is more expensive.

---- Judge Tommy Turner <Lcjudge at scrtc.com> wrote:

> I would certainly agree with you on this Peter.  The newest version of
> diesels probably have as many electronic "gizmos" as any gas though.

I recently repaired an 07 GMC gas burner for one of the local rebuilders. It was struck by lightning, sent to the dealer, replaced engine computer and instrument cluster, then totaled and sent to the auction. I had to replace the ABS module, airbag module, passenger presence sensor under the seat, A/C control panel, two air door actuators, 6 of the 8 ignition coils,, 2 fuel injectors, remote door lock module, one abs wheel speed sensor, onstar module, and the trans computer. Some of the modules had visible damage, a capacitor in the abs exploded, capacitors in the mode motors were fried. These components were spread through the truck, it's not even imaginable what took place when it was hit. My guess is it hit the onstar antena and went through the serial data line from one computer to the next.
J.B. Castagnos
Belle Rose, LA