[SEL] OT////// AM transmitter

Tim Christoff tchristoff at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 19 19:10:12 PST 2008

Tim Christoff
Basehor Kansas

.
> I can't afford to go buy one of those  fancy new 18 - 24 V. Lithium Ion
drills.

The Lithium Ion batteries are not worth a shit.  Your better off with the
Ni-Cad Packs.  They will last longer on a charge, charge quicker and don't
just quit when going dead.  The Lithium Ion ones will just stop.  At least
with the NiCads, you have a chance to put it in low and finish putting the
screw in before it will die all the way.  The average barn I build will use
around 12,000 1 1/2" screws to hold the skin on and we put both types of
batteries to the test, the NiCads lasted almost twice as long as the
Lithium ones did per charge.

> A builder I used to be partnered with said  16 penny nails sheer strength
is 1000 pounds.

Actually it is about 400 pounds sheer strength.  This was tested years ago
by a metalurgist that worked for Bendix.  He did many test on many nails
and the average was close to 400.

Tim Christoff
Basehor Ks.