[SEL] Japanese Engine meets

William Young wmlyoung at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 05:23:29 PST 2008

Glen-san,  Sounds like your engines may be quite modern.  How old?.  I had never seen such an engine in USA.  Maybe they are not as rare as I thought.  Any USA engines of that nature around?  European?  Bill

I have two of them here. Is that unusual? It strikes me as an easy way
of simplifying the engine mechanics and would keep costs down.

Both engines are Imperial Super-Diesels, models FF and C, made by AH
McDonald in Melbourne. The push rod opens the exhaust valve on the
forward stroke, and on the backstroke it opens the intake valve and
actuates the fuel injector.