[SEL] SAE origins please

Steven N Kitto sndakitto at activ8.net.au
Fri Dec 12 23:43:18 PST 2008

Peter
Found this interesting. Looked at some books that I have and in Dykes
Automotive and Gasoline Engine Encyclopedia (14th edition) the author refers
to SAE as the Society of Automotive Engineers. He goes on to talk about
thread sizes and bolts and spanners made to fit the uts and bolts as S.A.E.
He also refers to another standard at the time called USS.

Can copy the pages and send them if you are interested

Steve

Steve and Denise Kitto
95 Coleyville Road
Mutdapilly  QLD   Australia 4307
Ph 07 54671541

As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man.
Proverbs 27:19