[SEL] Spam> A useful tool for enginemen?

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 12 13:12:34 PST 2008

An American friend sent me a post showing a view around his house.
I had seen nothing like it so He told me how to use it.
My first try in the local park in very dark conditions this afternoon you can see at
http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=0d7a66e4-0d4a-4b7d-888e-3bf9b46419d7
(use the arrows on either side).
It seems you can also use it to go round an object pointing inwards or rotating the object before the camera.
I haven't tried that yet. It is free & the try I made took about 20 shots for full rotation.
I have just tried the rotating object method and the automatic system did not get it right but if you use the
buttons on the top right to zoom and turn it could be usefull. You can also zoom in a lot for details.
lets have your views! see
http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=5BC65182-F4AB-4644-BB1B-2BCA95E26807
I am looking forward to the start of the rally season for a shot surrounded with engines.
Perhaps others can think of other uses?

Dave Croft
Warrington
http://www.oldengine.org/members/croft/