[SEL] Buying from McMaster Carr in Oz

Joe Prindle joe_prindle2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 8 17:51:15 PST 2008

Hello,
Replying a bit late, been away from the computer.
While McMaster does have a lot of stuff, you generally pay more from them than you might have to from another source.
It is very likely that the gears you need are originally from Boston Gear. I buy Boston Gear products for work through Motion Industries, a nation wide industrial supplier. Motion also has a branch in Australia http://www.motionind.com.au/ and I went to Boston Gear's website and they have distributors listed in Smithfield and Castle Hill NSW.
I buy a lot from Motion, and they give me good pricing. I recently bough new drive chain for my Titan tractor and it was half the price from Motion that McMaster listed it for.
Another Boston Gear product that is great is their Boston Bronze line of bushings and bushing stock. I can buy a bushing from them that is nearly to size, od a few thou over and id a bit under, and finish it to size on a mandrel for much less than I could buy the cored stock to make one from scratch. A handy resource for us engine guys.
Later,
Joe
Joe Prindle
Baraboo, WI USA
"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy." Spike Milligan