[SEL] ArrrGGhhh! I'm back after 6 years lurking - re: FMZ

Al Harris al.harris at rustic-engines.com
Fri Dec 5 01:13:15 PST 2008

Edd,

I'll keep that in mind for a future project, after I get the engine up
and running.

Did you have to remagnetise the two plates after the cut or did the
metal retain its magnetic property?

Cheers,

Al Harris
Summer Clarence Coast NSW Oz

al.harris at rustic-engines.com

Edd Payne wrote:
> Al.If your AB33 has horseshoe magnets it has been altered at some time.I
> have had many people tell me you cant remagnetise the originals and have
> changed them, including mag blokes, which is rubbish I have just done a AB33
> for a customer that had no magnets at all so I cut up a Lucas magnet and
> fitted the two flat pieces to either side and it works fine
> EDD PAYNE
> PO Box 364 Gulgong N.S.W
> Australia
> 2852
> Phone:0263742387
> edsengns at optusnet.com.au
> edsengns

>>> never.I have a 6HP tank cooled F/M and it has a flat gov bkt but it is
>>> still
>>> fitted with an AB33 and it is bolted down by the base bolt holes not held
>>> with the typical clamp across the top.
>>> EDD PAYNE
>>> PO Box 364 Gulgong N.S.W
>>> Australia