[SEL] ArrrGGhhh! I'm back after 6 years lurking - re: FMZ gears

Al Harris al.harris at rustic-engines.com
Wed Dec 3 20:24:52 PST 2008

Right Edd, thanks. I was confused by the term pinion (automatically
thought the pinion was the gov offshoot). I'm confused by a few
terminologies actually. Spindle, pinion, with thread, with shaft
...arggggg. I'll get my head around it soon, I hope.

I was about to check FM maggy status with Graham, as I have an FM-J with
diag cut teeth, but there's 22 of them. That wouldn't work on a 48 or 50
tooth cam gear. Now I'm wondering what FM engine it fits. :-(

Cheers,

Al Harris
Summer Clarence Coast NSW Oz

al.harris at rustic-engines.com