[SEL] FMZ Gear and Timing questions.

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Wed Dec 3 12:28:46 PST 2008

Some of you may remember the Lutz opposed piston engine from Portland or
Coolspring. In his patent on the valve arrangement he claims that the
engine can operate on a 1,2, or4 cycle principle. He was granted the
patent. I figured out how the valve can operate as a 2 cycle but have
yet to figure out what a 1 cycle is. Maybe this explains it! Is it still
operating when stopped?? Doug T