[SEL] Gas Power Publishing Co

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Mon Dec 1 03:04:20 PST 2008

MessageDoes anyone know of the history of the Gas Power Publishing Co., Michigan and in particular a book by E.L. Osborne called "Plain gas engine sense" ?

Peter, Oz

    HI,
    We have a book printed in 1906 called by Osborne published by gas power publishing co, it is called Plain gas engine sense,with an advert for  R & V gasoline engines printed in it. Advertising "the horizontal hit and miss engine"
    Some topics covered in this book are mechanical power generation,power stroke and heat losses,timing of valves and spark.Gas engine troubles,gas power tractor machines.Relation of purchaser and manufacturer.A glance ahead.
    Do you know if this publishing company still exists.
    We would be interested to hear from anyone regarding this book.
    Many thanks
    Kevin Gee