[SEL] Huricane Gustav

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Sat Aug 30 23:58:23 PDT 2008

Last I heard Gust was at Cat 4 and they usually weaken a bit as they get in
close to shore as the water is relatively shallow in the gulf nearer shore.
Katrina was cat 5 in open water but weakened to 4? before landfall If I
remember right.
  Will keep you in mind and have a drink for you when it comes ashore. Good
Luck!!!         Mark

At 02:22 AM 8/31/08, you wrote:
>Looks like this one is coming right over us, best we can hope for is a
>weakening. The next 3 days will be long. I'm 60 miles west of New Orleans
>on high ground, for Louisiana anyway, worst threat for us are tornados and
>downed trees.
>J.B. Castagnos
>Belle Rose, LA

Mark & Christine Shulaw