[SEL] Portland

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 05:08:21 PDT 2008

On 19/08/2008, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> 67 degrees and clear blue skies at Muncie, weather forecast is good
> for the week.

We almost melted yesterday, temperatures up in the mid to high 90's
and very humid with hazy sunshine.

Still lots to see, we have taken 700+ pictures and loads of videos
during the three days and still found things we hadn't seen on the
first two days.

Exhibitor numbers seemed to be about par for the course, but people
visiting didn't match previous years IMO. Butt buggies were a
nuisance, especially those that just stopped where they fancied and
blocked the road for others while they looked at something that took
their interest.

We saw many new engines this trip, which was encouraging. The Heer
flat twin that we videoed and pictured last year was represented this
year by the water-cooled version of the same engine. A Racine inverted
twin was a surprise, plus a F-M railcar refrigeration engine which was
new to us.

A big compressor engine in the OFES section was impressive, but really
needed a silencer of some kind, it was painful to be near to!

Attendees: Rob & Kelley, Mike & Susan Tucker, Mel & Steve Webre, Curt,
Missy & Devin Holland, Keith Kinney, Arnie Fero, Dave Rotigel, Tommy
Turner, J B Castagnos, Craig Morrison, Reggie Ingold, Mike & Steve
Royster, Luke & Shirley & Berky Tonnenberger  plus others I cannot
remember for now.

We stayed latish on Friday, then got called away to see a contact on
the sales area, which then developed into a long discussion on
engines, so it was late before we got away. Temperatures were still in
the mid 80's at 8pm!  We did lookback over to the List area before we
left the show, but it looked as though the gathering had dispersed, so
we weren't able to say goodbye to everyone.

It was a good show for us, couldn't have been better really, possibly
slightly cooler weather, but that is a minor complaint.

Thanks to everyone for making us welcome!

Peter & Rita

--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com