[SEL] my portland

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Aug 16 10:53:43 PDT 2008

>Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 21:35:02 -0400
>From: "Paul Waugh" <pwaugh at embarqmail.com>
>Subject: [SEL] my portland
>To: "SEL" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
>
>I won't make it to Portland even though I live 90 mi away.  Too much for
>fuel, and just too big for these old legs. I don't understand their 'proof
>of insurance' for carts, and I sure can not walk it.  I have had fun
>getting my engines around and better located on a trailer. As you can see
>I am at the low end of the spectrum, nothing valuable, nothing exotic, but
>I love to here them run, and appreciate where this country might be with
>out them, even Maytag has a place in history.
>
>So today I had my own Portland.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37cSMCwC3ho
>
>Paul - IN

Hi Paul,
         Great stuff!  Maybe a worldwide crank up on one of the "Portland
days" would be in order for all of us who cannot be there.

         Our club show is the first weekend of September - this was the
same time as Portland about 2 years ago but now Portland is a bit earlier.
Maybe I'll also start a few of the old guys (and gals) just to celebrate
"Portland" next week!

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>