[SEL] trip accross the pond

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 08:11:34 PDT 2008

On 04/08/2008, craig morrison <benzengines at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>     As some of you may know I am heading for your shore in a couple of weeks
> and need some advice.What is the best network to get for cell coverage? And
> has anyone got any ideas or suggestions of what to go and see or visit after
> Portland ( Fly home Thursday after Portland)

We use our standard UK tri-band mobile (cell) phone and it works fine,
not many folks call us in the USA, but a lot do from the UK so we
prefer to keep our existing number. We are with Vodafone which I think
switches to Verizon when we land.

Calls to US numbers are made normally without any fuss and the charges
aren't too bad.

Dayton OH is a good place to visit, but it's a fair drive, nearly 3
hours from Muncie, a bit more from Portland or Decatur. It is nearly
all back roads as well. The USAF Museum is a great place, we belong to
the Friends of The Museum and normally pay our yearly subscription
while we are there, then we go and spend a small fortune in the Museum
shop and get it back in member's discount!

The Museum is free, there are no entrance charges. If you want to do
the Presidential Aircraft tour then you MUST have you passport with
you.

Indianapolis Speedway is worth a trip, but another long drive.

Amish centres abound in the State of Indiana, especially towards the
top of the state.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes