[SEL] O.T. Need 35mm Slide Scanner & Viewer

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Sat Aug 2 22:07:37 PDT 2008

I think Ron's on the right track, Paul.

I scanned a few of my presentations to move to the modern world a few years
ago.  I used a very common grade flatbed scanner with a little slide
scanning adapter, fiddled with the software settings so the scanner
concentrated its attention into that specific little corner of the bed, and
came up with images that were indistinguishable from the originals when
projected on a large screen.  Some got better, as I was able to adjust
exposure and do a little cropping.

But I decided if and when I do all those carousels of slides in the closet
that I'd take them to a service or buy some more efficient equipment.  It
was tedious lining up each slide and scanning it.  I've not checked into the
price of having someone do it for me but I'd think that with some good
equipment one would be pretty time-efficient with the process.

Yeah, we'd better all get to this project if we want to preserve the images.
When the folks died we found their slides and a lot of them were poor to
unviewable at all.  I expect it depends upon how well the processor washed
the film after developing it.

B²

Bill Brueck
   Chatfield, Minnesota, USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.