[SEL] New toy

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Tue Apr 29 17:54:45 PDT 2008

I've always said that my lathe wasn't my limiting factor, now more so than ever. I found a "new" lathe. It's a Wade 8A Precision Lathe, probably manufactured in the early 50's. This model was produced from 1919 to 1959, they made 850 in 40 years, mine is # 569. It's variable speed with a tach, 0-2000rpms, came with a set of round collets from 1/32 to 1". I want to get an operators manual, but I have to catch my breath first, wasn't the best time to buy this but I didn't want to miss it. Pictures of the lathe should be at the site below.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/jbcast/?action=view&current=MVC-022S-1.jpg
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/jbcast/?action=view&current=MVC-021S-1.jpg
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii247/jbcast/?action=view&current=MVC-020S-2.jpg

Here's a site that talks a little about it.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/wade/page12.html

J.B. Castagnos
Belle Rose, LA