[SEL] Cleaning old spanners

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Sun Apr 27 06:59:22 PDT 2008

One of my favorite ways of removing caked grease is to wait until SWMBO is
away, then take a large tin can, dump in a generous helping of dishwasher
detergent, put in the item to be cleaned, then set it on the stove on a low
setting.  The elevated temperature tends to soften the grease.

Another way is to put the part to be cleaned in the electrolytic de-rusting
tank.  The washing soda, lye and electrical current all contribute to
lifting off the grease, dirt and corrosion.

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA
http://users.moscow.com/oiseming/lc_ant_p/menu.htm