[SEL] NOT Off Topic!

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Thu Apr 24 10:16:53 PDT 2008

At 06:00 PM 24/04/2008, you wrote:
>From: David Rotigel <rotigel at alltel.net>
>Subject: [SEL] NOT Off Topic!
>To: The SEL email discussion list <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>

>I'm sure that most of you have, by now, have heard the Barack Obama
>quote to the effect that in these times of trouble we (the poor in
>rural America) turn to our religion, our guns and our old iron for
>comfort. Given his statement I believe that the following is NOT off
>topic!
>
>Yesterdays efforts were a real success. I was hoping for 11.5%--but
>I'll settle for 10! Read the article and then be sure to view the video!
>
>See: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/politics/15960382/detail.html
>         Dave
>
>PS, I'm told the article was read by RUSH today on his show!
>PPS, Life is good!

Hi Dave,
         Great stuff but I'm disappointed that you could not find a space
on the "Tee Shirt" for a pic of a Maytag and Axe - that would have really
made it "On Topic".

         Now a question to members. How do I save that video file? I'm
using my laptop to connect at the moment and the sound is S--T !".  I'd
like to save the file and play it back on my Desktop computer so that I can
hear what the "Old Geezer" has to say !!! (and what his voice sounds like).

         On the subject of "Elections", "Democracy" and suchlike, has
anyone been watching the Zimbabwe elections ? Is this what all the "do
gooders" and other "Ars----es" of the world envisaged when they abandoned
us and imposed sanctions on us and forced us to hand over power to the
illiterate masses ? Just wondering !!

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm