[SEL] Onan Generator comes home

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 09:38:22 PDT 2008

On 17/04/2008, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> We bought a rather nice little Onan W3S water-cooled genny set last
>  week

Update, after a very busy day in the workshop!

Got the rest of the axle stubs for the Caterpillar 1Y73 finished and
tapped (pic url below) that is an M16 X 2 tap in the picture.

Then spent most of the rest of the day sorting out the Onan mounting
and cleaning up the trolley. It only needed a bit of a wire brush on
the wheels and WD40 on the timber to remove a bit of oily residue.

It's a lot more secure now, and there are proper fasteners instead of
the 6" "Farmers Special" nails holding it down. We also balanced it so
the trolley pivots without undue pressure either way, and the
generator is now properly central on the trolley (side to side)

Peter

http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/Onan/OnanW2Red5.jpg
http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/Onan/OnanW2Red6.jpg
http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/Onan/OnanW2Red7.jpg