[SEL] Help Needed

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Fri Apr 18 15:39:17 PDT 2008

Hey Curt, License plates don't tell the whole story!!  Lincoln was born
in KY and spent the first 8 years of his life here.  His wife was a
Kentuckian, his 3 law partners were all Kentuckians, his best friend was
a Kentuckian and so on.  Lincoln once said "I too am a Kentuckian" and
regarding Kentucky and the Civil War "I hope to have God on my side, but
I must have Kentucky".  During Lincoln's whole life, Kentucky played a
role.  Yes, the Illinois license plate says "Land of Lincoln".  But, he
certainly belongs to more than just Illinois. Hey, don't worry, there
won't be another civil war over it, maybe just a skirmish or two!

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY