[SEL] ot ebay

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 05:47:42 PDT 2008

On 11/04/2008, Russell Gilbert <russell at ncable.com.au> wrote:

>  These changes will be introduced in two stages:
>
>   From 21 May you must offer PayPal on all your listings as well as
>  currently permitted payment methods.
>
>   From 17 June you will only be able to offer PayPal on your listings
>  and pay on pick up (i.e.paid for when picking up the item).

Looks similar to what has been emailed to UK users, but I cannot see
how you can stop people paying by other means, ie cheque etc.

Looks like ebay is shooting itself in the foot (again)

I stopped selling in significant terms last year when PayPal and Ebay
lost my CC details, then tried to collect from a 3-year old CC number.
They complained that I had breached their trading terms by not paying!
 Idiots!!   They said that Amex had declined my card, but actually
Amex had not declined anything, they just refused to handle an out of
date CC number.

Never had a response from them about it, despite lots of messages and emails.

Now I just buy a few bits and sell a few bits, but the days of serious
buying and selling on ebay are over for me.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com