[SEL] ot ebay

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 11 06:08:05 PDT 2008

Hey yall

I have a bit of a different take on this apparently than most.  I've
bought & sold on EBay quite a bit (205 feedbacks) & prefer Paypal hands
down.  I don't sell much anymore but when I did I really liked the idea
of "instant money."

Things may be different on money "movement" here in the states but
Paypal here is the safest & quickest imho.  Someone mentioned "direct
deposit" & AFAIK that's not available here (or if it is the bank would
probably charge for it?).  With Paypal I do get charged but think of the
advantages.  In most cases my sales have been paid for within an hour or
less.  I can take the Paypal debit card & buy stuff (groceries, etc.;
anything a visa card will buy) immediately if I want to.  If I want to
go to the bank I can use the debit card for an immediate cash withdrawal
or transfer to my account; not have to wait for the mail to bring a
check/money order & then (if it's a check) wait for it to clear.  I can
also ship immediately & get the whole deal "over & done with."

I also feel that it increases sales in that some folks will buy stuff
that they wouldn't (or couldn't) buy if they couldn't put it on a credit
card.  Anyway, I use Paypal for any possible EBay transaction (buying or
selling); feel like it's the best way overall to handle them.

Lew near Waco, TX