[SEL] Nickel Plating .....small items at home.

Alan Bowen rustaholic777 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 17:22:50 PDT 2007

WOW, Peter !!!

Great timing here.
I want any info you get.

I would like to re-plate parts on a 122 year old Majestic Wood Cook Stove that I have out in my garage.

This picture on the internet is awesome.  I don't want to take my stove quite this far.  Mine is a little different from this one because mine has a copper water reservoir  on the left end and mine doesn't have that little shelf on the right end.
Mine also has four removable lids and the one shown has six.  Mine has a solid panel in the center.

My stove was in full time use from the Spring of 1885 to the Fall of 1985.  Then on it's last day of use it cooked breakfast then we tore the house down around it and slid it onto my trailer.  It has been on a cart in my garage for the last 22 years.  It is going to enter it's next career in 2008 traveling to engine shows with me heating laundry water, cooking meals and making soap.

Alan Bowen
Williamsburg, Michigan

peter ogborne <jopeter at omninet.net.au> wrote:
Has anybody had any experience of Nickel Plating on a small scale . I have a
number of items that i would like to re plate .
They are mainly vintage motor cycle parts.
Peter Ogborne
Little Grove ,Albany
West Australia
''Heart of the Rainbow Coast ''