[SEL] Corn-gas a BUST!

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Sep 27 07:14:32 PDT 2007

Here is a small item. If you took ALL the corn currently grown and
converted it to ethanol. You would come up with 12% of the fuel used in
the US. The last number I saw basically said that in order to use corn
alcohol for total replacement it would mean putting ALL the croplands
available in the US into corn production. No corn left for food or any
other use.

Oh and the 10% you are using is the same thing that has been sold in the
US since 1990. It is what most regular gas is now.

The problem with flex fuel vehicles is that they don't use either fuel
as well as one designed for just alcohol or gas. Timing, compression,
and fuel flow all are different to get the best performance out of each
fuel.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York